Friday Want to get your groove on? Tonight, the Pearce Ballroom will be hosting a social dance for everyone from new dancers to competitive level dancers. There will be a half-hour lesson to begin the night followed by two hours of mixed music including: Swing, Ballroom, Latin, Salsa, Tango, etc. The dance starts at 7:30 p.m. and will last until 10:00 p.m. Admission is $10. Pearce Ballroom 317 Court St., Upstairs Salem, OR 97301 For more information visit: www.rjdance.com Saturday Ready for Halloween to hit? Well the pumpkin patches are slowly starting to open up, such as the WAvra Farms Pumpkin Patch. The Patch will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. They have activities such as a hay maze, corn maze, pumpkin bowling, petting zoo, tire tower, hay tower with slide, and hillbilly golf. Admission is $5. Wavra Farms and Nursery 7882 Jordan St. SE Salem, OR 97317 For more information visit: www.wavrafarms.com The Reed Opera House is having its 143rd birthday and will be hosting an extravaganza to celebrate. Events will be happening all day, and the best part? They’re free.
- From noon to 2:00 p.m. Satie the magician will be making appearances throughout the building.
- From noon to 3:00 p.m. Community Canvas will be presenting their “Community Canvas.” Paint and brushes will be supplies and artists will be available to help all skill levels.
- From noon to 3:00 p.m. there will also be fashion shows taking place and prizes will be given away.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. you can watch artists Jesica Ranee Axtell and Kev Kohler paint live on the first floor. The Macedonia Restaurant will be providing complimentary Baklava and Greek cookies.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. there will be more fashion shows, this time featuring designer gowns for proms and weddings. There will be more prizes.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Carmelle’s Tea Room will be serving complimentary tea and strawberry cupcakes. There will also be live music and more prizes to be won.
- From 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. Terra Hurdle and her jazz band will be performing. However, a $5-$10 donation is suggested for this one.
- And what’s a party without and after party? From 9:30 to 11:59 p.m. there will be a ‘soiree’ at Brown’s Town Lounge. There will be live music by Elvicious Cash and Rhinestone Halo.