Want to get your groove on? Tonight, the Pearce Ballroom will be hosting a social dance for everyone from new dancers to competitive level dancers. There will be a half-hour lesson to begin the night followed by two hours of mixed music including: Swing, Ballroom, Latin, Salsa, Tango, etc. The dance starts at 7:30 p.m. and will last until 10:00 p.m. Admission is $10.
317 Court St., Upstairs
Salem, OR 97301
For more information visit: www.rjdance.com
Ready for Halloween to hit? Well the pumpkin patches are slowly starting to open up, such as the WAvra Farms Pumpkin Patch. The Patch will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. They have activities such as a hay maze, corn maze, pumpkin bowling, petting zoo, tire tower, hay tower with slide, and hillbilly golf. Admission is $5.
Wavra Farms and Nursery
7882 Jordan St. SE
Salem, OR 97317
For more information visit: www.wavrafarms.com
The Reed Opera House is having its 143rd birthday and will be hosting an extravaganza to celebrate. Events will be happening all day, and the best part? They’re free.
- From noon to 2:00 p.m. Satie the magician will be making appearances throughout the building.
- From noon to 3:00 p.m. Community Canvas will be presenting their “Community Canvas.” Paint and brushes will be supplies and artists will be available to help all skill levels.
- From noon to 3:00 p.m. there will also be fashion shows taking place and prizes will be given away.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. you can watch artists Jesica Ranee Axtell and Kev Kohler paint live on the first floor. The Macedonia Restaurant will be providing complimentary Baklava and Greek cookies.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. there will be more fashion shows, this time featuring designer gowns for proms and weddings. There will be more prizes.
- From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Carmelle’s Tea Room will be serving complimentary tea and strawberry cupcakes. There will also be live music and more prizes to be won.
- From 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. Terra Hurdle and her jazz band will be performing. However, a $5-$10 donation is suggested for this one.
- And what’s a party without and after party? From 9:30 to 11:59 p.m. there will be a ‘soiree’ at Brown’s Town Lounge. There will be live music by Elvicious Cash and Rhinestone Halo.
Reed Opera House
189 Liberty St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
For more information visit: www.reedoperahouse.com
For those horse lovers out there, there will be a networking event hosted at Stable of Hope this Sunday. The event lasts from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. and beverages and appetizers will be provided. Admission is free, however they do ask for an RSVP (email@example.com).
Stalle di Speranza (Stable of Hope)
2895 Cloverdale Rd. SE
Turner, OR 97392
For more information visit: www.oregonhorsecountry.com
For more things to do in Salem visit: travelsalem.com