The first tests of the new semester are quickly approaching. Information overload is in full swing. So how do you wade through the mass of notes and remember everything? Thankfully there are so tricks which may help.
- Use visuals: Draw charts, graphs, or flow charts to show ideas or concepts. It will help your brain understand it better, especially if you are a visual learner.
- Color-code: Highlighting and writing with different colors helps our brain to connect ideas, and it is easier to memories things in color rather than black and white.
- Chewing gum: Some studies suggest that chewing gum both while studying and while taking a test, can help memory.
- Read notes out loud: It might feel a little ridiculous, but it can actually help you learn faster to hear it.
- Reread notes just before bed: If you do this, your brain will process them as you sleep and they will stick better. Just make sure this isn’t the only studying you’re doing!