This post tells of a new religion which worships Kanye West. This shouldn’t strike us as too strange since Kanye has worshiped himself for years. The rapper is probably the most hubris-filled narcissist in music history.
This article shows that there are a bunch of worshipers who agree that Kanye is as wonderful as he thinks he is.
‘Yeezianity’ recognizes Kanye as a divine figure. According to the group’s website “the one who calls himself Yeezus is a divine being who has been sent by God to usher in a New Age of humanity.”
There are, in fact, five pillars of Yeezianity: (Please excuse the bad grammar–apparently subject/object agreement need not bother the true disciples.)
1. All things created must be for the good of all.
2. No human being’s right to express themselves must ever be repressed.
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange.
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs.
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man.
The anonymous founder of the quasi-religion claims, “Humans are gods.” The reason he named the “religion” after Yeezus is “because Kanye is the one who believes that the hardest, so that’s why he’s the model for behavior.”
It’s not clear what Kanye thinks of this religion, but my suspicion is that he will be outraged: “I didn’t say everyone was God,” I can envision him saying, “I said I WAS God!”