Just because freshmen and transfers are new on campus does not mean they are immune to certain mishaps. From tripping on the plentiful stairs to spilling food in the dining hall, new students share their stories of moments gone wrong during their first few weeks at Corban.
- “I tripped going up the stairs in the dining hall.”– Anonymous Junior
- “My friend and I were walking and she thought the sprinklers had moved but they ended up getting her right in the face.” – Anonymous Freshman
- “I had just finished eating and in my left hand I had my last bit of orange juice and in my right hand I had my plate with a loose napkin on top. As I was walking to put them on the dish cart the napkin flew off and with my cat-like ninja skills I tried to catch it with my left hand and I spilled my orange juice everywhere! I cleaned it up, but was really embarrassed.” –Jena Lane, Freshman
- “I live in PVG and I was in my PJ’s and fuzzy socks. My bed is on the top bunk and as I was climbing down I realized the fuzzy socks were a really bad idea because when I put my foot on the windowsill I slid across it and tumbled down.” –Emily Shute, Freshman
- “On move-in day the people who were video-taping for the ‘freshmen move-in’ video decided to follow me and while I was walking through my dorm with my trolley full of boxes I ran straight into a metal door frame! Not only did everyone registering in the lobby turn around at the clash but it was caught on tape! I always wanted to leave my mark on Corban, but I never thought it’d be an actual mark.” –Kelsey Leavitt, Freshman
- “My roommates and I decided that we wanted to watch a movie. While I picked it out the two of them went to go make some popcorn. While they were gone the fire alarms went off and everyone had to evacuate. I was relieved when I saw them come running out of the building. I asked them where they had been, and they told me they accidentally set the 3rd floor microwave on fire and to not tell anyone! We promptly started talking about who on the 3rd floor did it, because no one would guess it was really freshmen from the 1st floor! We came clean to our RD and she wasn’t mad, but I can’t believe it’s my first year of college and we already set something on fire.” –Anonymous Freshmen